Whether you’ve just graduated from j-school or are on summer break between semesters, this list from the 10,000 Words blog, called Journalism Grads: 30 things you should do this summer, is a great way to improve your journalism and multimedia skills during the warmer months.
Some of the suggested to-dos:
7. Create an audio slideshow using Soundslides
8. Shoot and edit a 3-minute video and post it to YouTube
13. Crop, resize, and color correct 50 photos using photo editing software
14. Start your own podcast
20. Record, edit and embed a 3-minute piece of audio.
22. Interview 10 people using a video camera
And the final piece of advice:
30. Remind yourself why you want to be a journalist.