The industry's must-attend event,
where Canada's top newsmakers meet Canada's top news people
JUNE 4, 2014 | THE FAIRMONT ROYAL YORK | TORONTO | #CJFAWARDS
Visit our 2014 CJF Awards page.
The Canadian Journalism Foundation supports and rewards excellence in Canadian journalism through its annual awards program and by supporting recognition programs run by other organizations.
- The annual Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes a substantial contribution by a Canadian journalist to the profession.
- The annual Honorary Tribute recognizes a media luminary or organization that has made an impact on the international stage.
- The annual Excellence in Journalism Award honours an organization which embodies exemplary journalistic standards and practices with a resulting impact on the community it serves.
- The Tom Hanson Photojournalism Award offers a six-week paid internship at The Canadian Press to a photojournalist in the early stages of their career. The annual internship is designed to give a photographer trying to break into the business a chance to perform on the national stage.
- The annual Greg Clark Award is designed to offer early-career journalists a professional development opportunity which will allow them to gain insight, strategic information and meet key decision-makers in a sector or issue they regularly cover.
- The William Southam Journalism Fellowships, awarded annually by the University of Toronto and Massey College, reward journalists with a year long of study at Massey College in the discipline of their choice.
- The Atkinson Fellowship in Public Policy, awarded by the Atkinson Foundation, provides a grant for a Canadian journalist to undertake a year-long research project on a topical policy issue. It is designed to further both the tradition of liberal journalism in Canada and the commitment to social and economic justice of Joseph E. Atkinson.
- The Martin Wise Goodman Canadian Nieman Fellowship at Harvard University is awarded bi-annually and allows the recipient to enjoy a one-year sabbatical at Harvard University.